Top 5 Things Coach K Says To Recruits
Words. Patrick Cassidy
The team at Bleacher Report posted a story breaking down what they imagine are the Top 5 things that Mike Krzyzewski says to recruits to get them in a Duke uniform.
To be honest, Coach K can pretty much say anything at this point and still have a great chance at landing any player he wants. And whoever he is wooing, almost certainly is getting the same treatment from Kentucky, UNC, Kansas and any other elite program you can think of.
Still though, I would imagine that Bleacher Report’s list is, in general, on point.
5. “Kobe Bryant and LeBron James both love me.”
4. “If you enjoy winning, you will do it a lot under my watch.”
3. “You can get a first-rate education at Duke.”
2. “Quite frankly, I’m the best college basketball coach alive.”
1. “I can get you to the NBA.”
Even in jest, I can’t imagine him saying No. 2 – even if it is true. (As long as we’re on the topic, I would have agreed with that notion until a few years ago, when Tom Izzo officially made “making the most out of nothing every single year” into high art).
Check out Bleacher Report’s full breakdown HERE.
Follow Patrick Cassidy on Twitter
Follow Dime Magazine on Twitter
Become a fan of Dime Magazine on Facebook